Do you enjoy creating and managing organizational systems? Do you want to have your work matter? Do you want to work with a fun, passionate, and inspiring team? Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy seeks a Development Coordinator to provide development and administrative support across our dynamic, mission-oriented organization.
“When you de-dupe the possibly hundreds or thousands of duplicate records from the database, you are clearing a path for righteousness!” - Vu Lee, Nonprofit AF
Climate Generation empowers individuals and their communities to engage in solutions to climate change, with a vision of a world of resilient communities with equitable solutions. Established by Minnesota polar explorer Will Steger in 2006, our work is founded on the power of personal story. We are dedicated to addressing the urgent issue of climate change through our programming that builds climate literacy, develops climate advocates, and elevates leaders. We have a clear vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work.
Development Coordinator is a critical position for Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy and is expected to provide development and administrative support for all aspects of our organization. This job requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, including keen attention to detail, and outstanding organizational and problem solving skills in a fast paced and open office environment. The position requires being able to multitask and handle a wide array of responsibilities on any given day. Must be proficient in database environment, as well as Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and willing to keep consistent office hours with one or two night and weekend events throughout the year. Reports to Associate Director.
The primary function of this position is to maintain and manage the Salsa CRM database and provide reporting and cultivation support for effective fundraising. In addition, the position assists with managing the daily operations of the organization, including administrative functions, event coordination, and other assignments. This position also serves as one of the organization's primary point of contact and provides a positive and efficient first encounter.
● Manages maintenance of CRM database, ensures integrity of data on input and output
● Provides information to assist in ease and accuracy of donor cultivation management
● Process donations efficiently, and acknowledge donations with thank you letter in 48-hour time frame
● Prepares fundraising reports and analytics for development committee and board of directors
● Attends Board Development Committee meetings and provide reports for committee
● Coordinate with Communications Coord. on appeals, including timeline, donor data, lists, and mailings
● Ensure that the development team is prepared for in-office donor visits with materials and hospitality
● Organizes and implements administrative systems to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate development support
● Provide support for mailings - both in-house (using mail merge, labels, and postage) or coordinating with printer and mail house
● Provide day to day financial transaction support with accuracy and attention to detail, including logging and preparing checks for deposit and coding invoices for payment
● Provide follow through to ensure that all people who download curriculum, sign up for enews, attend an event or volunteer are accurately noted in donor database
● Develop and pursue strategy for ongoing engagement with these new constituents
● Receives telephone calls and assists visitors to determine proper person to contact
● Retrieves and distributes incoming mail
● Respond to all requests from firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings and Events Support
● Assist with planning and provide efficient, consistent, reliable support for all fundraising events
● May assist in coordinating and supporting special events
● Engage in Climate Generation team functions, including events, team meetings, equity committee, and strategic planning
● Use internal communication tools effectively (Google Drive, Slack, Zoom, Asana)
● Coordinate materials and work with Program Managers to make sure staff have what they need for program-related outside events (tabling, education conferences, etc.) and that collateral materials are available and stocked
● Update and maintain administrative and fundraising handbooks
● Seek opportunities for professional development
Experience and qualifications required:
● Bachelor's Degree not required, but preferred and/or at least 2 years demonstrated database and development experience
● Interest in the issue of climate change and our mission
● Strong office experience and organizational skills with ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
● Must relate well to people, work calmly under pressure, and have strong computer skills
● Self-starter with ability to work independently
● Excellent database knowledge with understanding of all aspects of data entry, running queries, and report creation
● Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite programs as well as a comfort with Apple Mac systems
● Excellent communication skills including the ability to express concepts in writing and through individual conversations
● Available for occasional meetings and special functions beyond business hours, including a few evening and weekend events
● Persons in this position frequently push, pull, carry, lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits:
● Salary range for this position is between $24,000 and $26,000 (30 hours a week), based on experience and qualifications
● Part-time, exempt position, working 30 hours per week. We believe in work-life balance and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked
● 7.5 days of PTO (increases with years of employment), 5 paid holidays and a holiday break from Dec. 24th through Jan. 1st and a flexible, family-friendly schedule
● We provide 3 percent of annual salary contribution to 403(b) retirement plan after one month of employment. In addition, we offer cell phone reimbursement ($20/month for Coordinators) and travel/mileage reimbursement. We are located in the Greenway building with access to biking trails and light-rail transit, as well as indoor bike storage area and showers
● We foster a respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment.
Hiring process and timeline:
● Applications will be reviewed upon receipt through January 31, 2019
● Our hiring team will select finalists to interview in-person after a screening phone interview
● Ideally the selected candidate would begin work in February 2019
● Climate Generation is committed to ensuring equality, treating everyone with respect, and promoting diversity in the workplace.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Put "Devel Coord, last name, first name” in the subject heading. Applicants of color are strongly encouraged to apply. No phone calls please.
Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by law. We recognize climate change disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society - including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy
2801 21st Avenue South, Suite 110
Minneapolis, MN 55407