Outreach Coordinator Northside Residents Redevelopment Council (NRRC)
NRRC is the neighborhood organization for the Near North and Willard Hay neighborhoods. Our mission is to inform, engage and facilitate the residents of the Near North and Willard Hay neighborhoods in Minneapolis to be primary agents for improving the social, economic, environmental and livability conditions in their community.
Position Description: We are looking to hire someone for one year who is self-motivated, organized, creative, flexible, detailed, team-oriented and exhibits a high degree of professionalism. Furthermore, we seek an individual committed to and passionate about North Minneapolis. An individual who demonstrates an understanding of the Northside’s people, assets and a desire to connect with residents new ways.
● Community meeting preparation and facilitation
● Preparing community outreach presentations
● Door knocking to promote NRRC activities and projects
● Recruit, organize, and manage volunteer support for various activities
● Track interactions and maintain a database of information as it relates to door knocking efforts and community input and concerns
● Organize and facilitate listening sessions
● Schedule and be available for 1-on-1 sessions with residents and other stakeholders
● Attend, support and represent NRRC at neighborhood meetings and events and provide a summary after of the meetings as needed.
● Establish positive working relationships with the city and county for the betterment of NRRC
● Create and maintain strong relationships with adjacent neighborhood organizations
● Attend monthly RCTF and board meetings
● Research and manage grant opportunities as they relate to neighborhood outreach
● Collecting and curating information for NRRC newsletters and email blasts
● Staying organized and up to date with emails and replies
● Associates Degree in related field and/or coursework in communications, social sciences, journalism or a related field
● Experience in basic administrative tasks such as fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets/presentations, filing, etc.
● Ability to generate interest in community
● Commitment to neighborhood issues
● Ability to prioritize, manage, and maintain large quantities of information, take direction and complete projects in a timely manner
● Detail oriented with strong planning skills
● Proven ability to work with persons of diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds
● Empathy, sympathy, and good listening skills
● Comfortable with current technology and an ability to adapt to new systems and technology (able to use Google Suite)
● Post-secondary coursework and/or BA
● Superior verbal and written communication skills
● Previous experience with community outreach in an urban setting
● Able to speak another language fluently (Spanish, Somali, Hmong, et cetera)
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.