Hennepin County Treatment for Chemical Addiction

Treatment for chemical addiction

Chemical health services are available to Hennepin County residents who have problems with drug or alcohol abuse and meet income guidelines, or who have been referred by the court.

Services are available directly from a variety of health care and social services providers. Most programs are culturally diverse and offer different treatment models.

Services include:

  • Chemical use assessments

  • Detoxification

  • Referrals to Rule 31 chemical dependency treatment programs for high, medium, and low-intensity inpatient and outpatient treatment services, supportive housing, and case management

  • Other support services

Private insurance may not cover all or some chemical health services. Services may be paid for with public funding if the recipient is financially eligible. This includes minors, who almost always are eligible if they have private or no insurance.

Salvation Army Harbor Lights

The Harbor Light Center is a safe place for people to stabilize their lives and begin the process of healing. They offer a wide range of basic needs to anyone without discrimination. As Minnesota’s largest homeless adult outreach facility, they meet people at their greatest point of need to inspire hope, instill belief in possibilities, and impart opportunities for a fresh start.

Hennepin County Health Care Assistance

You can apply and shop online for healthcare coverage by visiting MNsure.org or by calling 1-855-3MNsure (1-855-366-7873) for more information, including the names of community agencies that can help you apply or provide language assistance.

There are self-service computers available for people to apply for MNsure at Hennepin County human services office locations.

If you need health care coverage right now, you can download an application from the Minnesota Department of Human Services website. 

Minnesota Health Care Programs application